Vista Higher Learning is the generous sponsor of two scholarships for future language teachers! One scholarship is available for a high school senior and one for a current college or university student who plan on a career as a world language educator. Each scholarship is in the amount of $1,000 to be used for any needed college/university expenses. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Opening General Session of the annual SCOLT conference, Friday, March 24, 2023 in Mobile, AL.
What are the requirements?
- Current high school or college transcript
- List of school and community activities
- Three letters of recommendation, each not to exceed one page (1 from a language teacher/professor, 1 from a peer, and 1 from another teacher/professor or administrator)
- One page statement of your future plans to become a language teacher (750 words maximum)
- College or university you plan to attend or do attend (copy of acceptance, if available). State briefly how your plans fit within the offerings, programs and opportunities of this college or university.
- Hyperlink to video (maximum 3 minutes) of the candidate’s response in their language of study/L2 to this question: What makes an A+ teacher? The video should focus entirely on the candidate while speaking.
Click below to complete the application form. Applications are due January 31.