SCOLT is different from some organizations in that there is not a general membership. Anyone can register and attend the conference without paying a membership fee. However, there are Sponsors and Patrons, which is a group of people who pay a Sponsor or Patron membership fee to further support SCOLT. The Sponsors and Patrons have voting rights, which means they elect new board members and can vote on bylaws amendments when necessary. Also, nominees for the board must be Sponsors or Patrons. These individuals can register for the conference at a reduced rate.
SCOLT Sponsors and Patrons are listed in the annual conference program and in Dimensions. Sponsors & Patrons payment must be received by February 1st for information to be included in these documents. Sponsor and Patron membership term goes from conference to conference, so that interested persons can include membership when they register for the conference. Of course, people are welcome to submit their membership form at any time.
- reduced registration fee for annual SCOLT conferences
- eligibility for nomination for election to the Board of Directors
- listing as a Sponsor/Patron in the annual conference program
- listing as a Sponsor/Patron in the annual Dimensions publication
- voting privileges in the election of members of the Board of Directors
- voting privileges regarding SCOLT bylaws
- participation in the Sponsors and Patrons meeting and reception at the annual conference
- having your voice heard at the regional level
- supporting professional development and advocacy initiatives in the region
- connecting with other language educators and leaders in the region
Click here to pay online!
Not sure if you’re a SCOLT Sponsor or Patron? Click here to see a current list.