This $1,000 scholarship is intended for a high school senior who plans on a career as a world language educator. The scholarship is sponsored by Ken Stewart, Spanish teacher, former SCOLT Board member and 2006 ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year.
What are the requirements?
- Current high school transcript
- List of school and community activities
- Three letters of recommendation, each not to exceed one page (1 from a language teacher, 1 from a peer, and 1 from a teacher or administrator at your high school)
- One page statement of your future plans to become a language teacher (750 words maximum)
- College or university you plan to attend (copy of acceptance, if available). State briefly how your plans fit within the offerings, programs and opportunities of this college or university.
- Hyperlink to video (maximum 3 minutes) of the candidate’s response in their language of study/L2 to this question: What makes an A+ teacher? The video should focus entirely on the candidate while speaking.
Click below to complete the application form. Applications are due January 31, 2021.