50th Anniversary Conference in Atlanta, GA
Renaissance Concourse Hotel Atlanta Airport - March 5 - 7, 2015
NEW! SCOLTalk Spring/Summer 2014 Edition
Click here to view the Summer 2014 edition of SCOLTalk or click here for a downloadable PDF for offline reading!
2015 Call for Session Proposals
NEW! SCOLT is now accepting proposals for our 2015 50th Anniversary joint conference with FLAG (Foreign Language Association of Georgia) and SEALLT (Southeast Association for Language Learning Technology). Submit your proposal today! Click here to link to our 2015 conference page and find the link to the session proposal form. Session proposal deadline will be August 15, 2014.
2015 Program Cover Contest
NEW! Students in grades 3 - 12 can submit entries for our Program Cover Contest. Click here to link to our 2015 conference page and find out more details. Teacher of the winning entry will receive one year complimentary SCOLT Sponsor/Patron membership, while the winning student will receive $50.
2015 Conference Registration Information:
Registration for 2015 will be posted in August 2014.
Reserve your room at the Renaissance Concourse and stay close to all the action. We are expecting our room block so sell out, so make your reservations early!
NEW! Dimension 2014 Published on SCOLT website!
Click here to download a PDF of the edition, which includes the articles below. Click here to link to the page with all volumes of Dimension from 2003 - present:
Hoyt, K. and Swanson, P. (Eds.) (2014)
Uniting the Corps: Uniting the Core. 2014. Southern Conference on Language Teaching. ISBN 1-883640-29-6 Online publication only
- Fusing Language Learning and Leadership Development: Initial Approaches and Strategies (Sheri Spaine Long, Jean W. LeLoup, LeAnn Derby, and Ramsamooj J. Reyes)
- Learning in Parallel: Using Parallel Corpora to Enhance Written Language Acquisition at the Beginning Level (Brody Bluemel)
- Student Attitudes and Perceptions of Using Facebook for Language Learning (Craig Gamble and Michael Wilkins)
- Influencing Students' Pronunciation and Willingness to Communicate through Interpersonal Audio Discussions (Cindy E. Lepore)
- Perception of a Regional Spanish Sound: The Case of /s/-weakening (Angela George)
- Mutually Beneficial Service Learning: Language Teacher Candidates in a Local Community Center (Susan A. Hildebrandt)
- Extending the Classroom: Digital Micro-Narratives for Novice Language Learners (Felix Kronenberg)
- Skype Videoconferencing for Less Commonly Taught Languages: Examining the Effects on Students' Foreign Language Anxiety (Joe Terantino)
Become a SCOLT Sponsor/Patron Today!
Click here to become a SCOLT Sponsor/Patron
2013 and 2014 Conference Programs!
Click here for an online version of our 2013 conference program and click here to view the 2014 conference program to find out what a SCOLT conference offers!
Plan now to attend our upcoming Conferences!